what does it mean when the vdc off light and slip light come on my infiniti fx 35

Asked by May 06, 2013 at 12:30 PM about the 2004 INFINITI FX35

246,925

The most common problem is a faulty ABS wheel speed sensor. But also your brakes pads might been replacement or your brake fluid is low in the reservoir. Have it looked at ASAP, brake issues aren't to be left go.

145

I had finally discovered why the VDC OFF and SLIP light kept coming on my '07 FX35. It happened when the steering column was moved into certain positions. It got worse over time. To the point where only one position kept the light from coming on. I had to disable the "Lift Steering Column When Exiting Vehicle" feature and leave it in the "up" and "in" position, which was easy for getting in and out of the vehicle, but not comfortable driving. I drove around like that for about 9 months. When the error light is on, the traction control is not working and the vehicle handled dangerously on wet and slippery roads. Finally, after moving the column up and down a few more times one day, the error light stayed on... no matter what position I placed it in. It was time to tear it apart and find the problem. It took several tries inspecting every wire, but I found the black wire in the white pin connector, that had broke in half and repair it. It works fine now. However, I had to reset the airbag error light (as seen on You Tube). That probably set off from me unplugging all 3 pin connectors located at the base of the steering wheel. I needed to do that in order to unwrap the wire harness that is attached to, and rides with, the steering column. There are about 25 or more wires in that harness from the 3 pin connectors (white, yellow and grey), plus another dozen that go to the wiper joystick. The broken wire was at least 12" up inside that bundle. Had it broke any further up, I would not have been able to get to it. I hope no more wires break. Other functions such as cruise, air bag, signals, wipers and remote for radio could be affected. I wonder if this is common problem for vehicles with the power tilt steering column. My vehicle started having issues at about 45K miles. It's finally fixed at 55K. :-)

50

you need to check the blinker fluid

20

My truck is trembling also loss of power I change the ingiton coil that showed up that it was bad but I still have the same problem. Could u give me any pointers???

20

Thank you Mark. My dealership just replied my steering pinion gear, the steering rack and line. Afterwards, my VDC/Slip light would not go out. They were trying to say the two were not connected, but I did not have a problem before they replaced my steering. You are the first to list that the problem could have started after my steering was replaced. Yeah! I knew it, but had nothing to back up my intuition.

10

How much do you paid to fix that problem

What do that mean when ras shows on the dashboard

Does the car make a bad noise when he need a tuneup