grinding noise upon take off

Asked by Jun 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM about the 2005 Infiniti G35

I hear a subtle grinding noise after I start the car and drive. I hear it just before is shits from the first to second geat (automatic transmission). Does anyone have this experience

55

I hear the same noise in my car, also when it first shifts from 1st to 2nd. But it only happens once... not sure what it is, but I'm not too concerned.

I hear it once only. Some other forum indicates its to do with the ABS self test the car does when turned on and proceeding to drive.

10

My car is doing the same thing! Did u figure out what it is?

its normal according to dealer. Its also in the manual. Still hear it and its been a year since I posted

If the car kinda backs down (for a lack of description) when you first get going in the morning and makes grunting sound - I would beleive it is part of the ABS (or VDS) system doing its own safety check of the system - I've read that it is normal and I believe I read it in my manual...

My 04 just started doing the same noise but after like 10secs driving, the tire pressure light comes on and a beeping sound (the same beep the car does when you leave your headlights on after shutting the car off.) I'm worried on what this could all mean. I don't have much money at the moment to take it to the shop so any help?

the reason your tire light is comeing on is your tire air pressure is to low,just go to any shop they will gudage them right up for you,probley at no charge.as for the grinding noise,not normal,have a fluid and filter change done.

All the tire pressures are at 42psi. But the beeping sound is what has me thinking. It stays on for about 5 to7 seconds . Any ideas?

I know this is going to sound stupid,check the PSI in the spare tire,it has a sensor to it to let you know the air pressure is low in it.also drop your tire psi to 35 psi, cold tires,as you drive the psi raises due to heat in the tires which will send a signal to computer that they are at a higher psi than normal.

10

My car also having the same problem a few week ago and it only happen one when my automatic transmission starting to shift to the second gear but after that no more so, i could not find what wrong because it only happen when the car moving. Anyone know what going on?

its normal and in the owners manual

20

Rizman can you please direct me where in owners manual it says it is normal?