Domelight replaced with neon light problem...

25

Asked by Jun 19, 2007 at 11:45 PM about the 1996 Ford Aspire

I recently bought a neon light that plugs into the cigarette lighter, but instead, I cut off the plug from the light and put male-end wire paddles on each exposed wire. I then took the dome light off and replaced it with the neon light, but when I start the car (doors open and all), the neon light does not come on. can anyone help me??? I also need to know where the dome light wires run to, since they do not run to the fusebox, because i plan to re-wire it to a toggle switch i bought.

Thanks for the help,
                Jordan

33,175

Did the light come on before you tried to replace it with the Neon light? I think the dome light wires run through the passenger side door pillar.