CTS Coupe

Asked by Nov 20, 2017 at 02:59 AM about the 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe

I saw this CTS 2011 for 10K with 170,000 Miles. It’s the
car I always wanted and I’m 19 and I can afford it with the
new serving job I have. Does this seem like a good deal.
No accidents and 2 owners. I’m very ignorant on car
buying so I here to look for advice.

2,605

In short, my opinion is NO. There are a few reasons I say this. The first is that the price is too high. Market value for a CTS coupe with those miles right now is around $8500. So you're overpaying by $1500 right off the top. Secondly, and this is the big one, Cadillac's are NOT reliable vehicles and parts are way overpriced. You may be able to afford the car, but being able to afford maintenance and parts to keep it on the road is a whole different story. Depending on how it was maintained, you could be looking at major repairs soon, i.e. engine replacement, transmission issues, and a lot more. I'd also imagine insurance at 19 on that car would be expensive as well. It sounds to me like it really is the car that you WANT, but not really the car that you NEED in your position with a new job. My advice would be to work for a bit, save up some money, and then start looking at other CTS coupes with a lot less mileage, especially since it's your dream car so to speak. You don't want to have your dream ruined by buying the wrong car and having it break down on you constantly. A lower mileage example may give you more enjoyment and definitely more peace of mind. This advice is coming from someone who spent over a decade of their life working for General Motors. People will tell you the engine is designed to last XXX,XXX number of miles, but ask those same people if they have the actual car, with those actual miles on it. Chances are, they don't. And if they do, they will tell you about all the parts they've had to replace and how expensive it was to repair. Not trying to rain on your parade, and this is just my thoughts. You could also buy the car and everything go absolutely great with no issues for another 200,000 miles. The odds are very slim, but anything is possible. Best of luck with whatever you decide!

81,305

Nope, it's got WAY too many miles on it. These cars are typical GM. Riddled with electrical problems that can't be fixed, airbag recalls, etc. Visit carcomplaints.com and see what current owners are saying about them. Spend your money on something more reliable. Ford, Toyota, Honda would be a MUCH better choice!! HTH. -Jim