Hi! I have identify the problem in my corsa 1.4 which is crankshaft, I just want to know that i refill the gap on crankshaft where the pulley enters, would the car give me the same perfomance as befor

210

Asked by May 01, 2015 at 02:01 PM about the 2008 Opel Corsa

S N Moloi, moloisn@gmail.com

Can you re-phrase that please? Re-fill what gap.....on crankshaft? What is going on?

Best Answer
210

I meant to say the key way gap where crankshaft gear fit is now expanded therefore when you set timing it doesn't come right because the crankshaft gear is lose then it loses power. So what I want to do is to refil the key way gap and resize it so that the crankshaft gear can fit without being lose.

Ah the woodruff key. It's either a square steel bar, or a piece like a slice of a solid cylinder of steel, then cut in half...like a half moon. There are a couple things you can do. Woodruff keys come in all sizes, instead of trying to fill a gap on the crankshaft, to do it right it would have to be welded then ground to size. Get a slightly bigger key that you can hammer in to oversize slot, the grind the other part, when you say 'crankshaft gear' you mean the harmonic balancer or just a pulley, whatever it has and grind the slot out ...maybe with a dremel or something just big enough to accept the bigger key. Make sense? Or am I way off on what is happening? Is it on the crank sticking of of engine or the pulley that the slot is too big?

210

thanks man we are on the same page but my worry is that "would the car give me the very same perfomance as before"? or I must just raise money for another engine

Yes. It will give you the same performance as before. I didn't answer your question, I got caught up in the fix. Geez, this is no way a new engine thing, completely repairable good as new. Either by my way or maybe there is a better way. But the worst case is the timing marks on the HB might be just a smidgen off. Tiny bit, as the HB might not be in the exact same place on the crank. But it can be timed and you are in business.

210

Thanks bro even though I come 2weeks later

210

Thanks once again I have refilled the crankshaft keyway and the engine is running smoothly. My challenge now is that after 3minutes the engine is running, the engine light pops out. I checked everything is connected. How to shut it off?