A presurized il leak

Asked by Jun 02, 2007 at 02:46 PM about the 1994 Hyundai Scoupe

I have a'94 SCoupe which has develped a somwhat pressurized oil leak coming from a small square hole at the bottom center of the Bell housing. The car has not been driven and starts and runs liKe it is new. Any idea? Is it worth fixing?

43,935

If it is oil and not transmission fluid, it is quite possibly the rear main seal, which requires removal of the transmission to replace. These get old over time and leak. I would have this checked by a mechanic anyway, just to be safe, and get a few estimates for repairing it to make your decision.

hey curious did u ever find out what your problem was as i have the same problem myself although i have removed the sump and looked inside and i can see how it would not affect affect the square hole in the bell housing i have also drain all my oil from engine and realise that the amount of oil that i have lost through the hole i have not lost through my sump so there fore it must be a seal on my gear box do you think this is the possibility if so please email me through bardsley_contracting@hotmail.com also mine is manual and is a 1995 hyundia scoupe i am great in need of some information on this problem as to where i go now with decisions