my window wont go down can you please help

Asked by Jun 24, 2007 at 01:07 PM about the 1992 BMW 3 Series

my windows wont go down can you please help .

It could be one of two things. Either the fuses have blown and you need to replace them or the power window motor is done and needs to be replaced. Check the fuse box, check the correct fuses and replace if necessary.

2,725

if its an e30 3 series there is a breaker that pops and if all your windows are not working thats probably your problem.its right by your right knee when sitting in the car.i think i may have seen them on some e-36 but cant remember.also make sure the window lock out isnt activated.if it more than one window its prob not each motor.its something they have in common.

5,175

Also check your sunroof switch (if it is powered) if there is a short in the switch. Some BMW models will temporarily shut off the power windows if the sunroof is activated to save too much load on the battery or lack of amps to the other motors. Check your manual and see what other systems share the same relay or fuse. If all windows don't work, I guarantee it's not the window motors it is something else.

2,725

F me.im not sure whats more enteraining,the problems or the advice that is given.

2,725

u should start by replacing the general(body module)then the body harness.f it why not put some doors on it and tint the windows.id check ur relay and fuse last cuz thats no fun.cant make money on replacing cheap parts.if all else fails go to toys are us and buy a magic 8 ball.then proceed with asking it what is wrong with ur windows.it will probably help more than u would think.Specially if your looking for help on this site.can we say redundent?can we say redundent?

70

I'm looking at a BMW that has all windows that don't go down. The sunroof is stuck and none of them work. It seems as if just the fuses are out? If so please let me know of the issue.

100

it could be one of three things:1- check the power windows's fuse, this is located in the fuse compartment and refer to the manual book for the exact location of the fuse box. 2- could be a defective switch , check voltage on the wires before the switch and it should read voltage than if good, press the switch at the same time read voltage after switch. 3- if getting voltage to the motor and the motor not responding it is probably the motor, but before you buy a new motor the easy way to doit is to buy a electronic cleaner spray to use it on the wire connector also you can take off the housing of motor and spray inside to clean the brushes and mgnet from dust, this can save you time and money.

170

this guy is an idiot. bmwmastertech4hire. what kind of jerk r u? People r looking for help, and you make this idiotic reply. You're a freakin' fool !!!!

160

I have a BMW 320 i convertible 2012, right now both front windows won't go down at all, and therefore I can't close the doors. Any help

40

Bmeup......that was sarcasm for sure......

60

Here’s a diagram of the automotic cutout breaker for future reference.

60

If you can power that up and windows work, you can power up the automatic cutout with a fuse to the + of the battery or suspect a central locking module or comfort relay issue like I do myself. Most of my modules are done for anyways.

20

My windows r not working and my indicators plus high beam doesn't work.wipers were not responding also but now they working together with a/c.it happened after I took long b4 I start the car.i used jumping cables to start.plz any help

Did you find answer have same problem

Is bad baterie can cause this problem

GuruX2J9d what was the solution? I'm having same issue but I had my door open too long battery didn't die though it started right up but wipers and windows wont work anymore they did before

check your relays before anything else.

I’ve had the problem on both my E93ms. The first experience was in a 2008 335i. I left the cabin lights on for a couple hours, and had to jump the car to get it started. I thought it wasn’t odd that these low wattage lamps could drain the battery in such a short span of time. 30 min into the trip, my headlights, windshield wipers, radio, cabin lights went nuts - seemly random. I got off the road and checks the battery. I realized my battery was testing at less than 10V. I replaced the battery (not knowing about codes or the sense of humor BMWs have. Sure enough, after I slid in a battery I bought at a local pets store, now almost everything electrical seemed possessed. I metered the battery and it was bouncing back and forth from 14v to 17v. I was close by a dealer and dropped it off. Apparently not coding the battery to the car resulted in severe overcharging. By the time I got to a dealership, my oversight burned out the fusebox, ac system, windshield wipers, blower motor and other systems. I was forced to replace the fuse box as well. Now the same thing is happened in to my 328i. You can use inexpensive tools to code a new batter, but consider your options wisely. Once you start down a path, you have to see it thru. Good luck.