2011 Chevy Traverse Ignition Sticks On and won't start.

Asked by Jan 07, 2018 at 06:18 PM about the 2011 Chevrolet Traverse

Hello, thanks in advance for your help!

Our 2011 Chevy Traverse won't start and all the obvious problems are fine.
Plenty of gas, the battery is fine (had it tested) and I checked the Evap/purge
solenoid, which is fine. All the fuses are fine too and the starter is working, I'm
at a loss. What's weird is the key sticks in the ON position when you turn it on
and you have to physically turn it off. It acts like it wants to fire up, but it
doesn't happen. I see a lot of similar issues online but nothing that matches
this exactly. Does anyone have any suggestion? Thanks again!

Jim

30

Hello. Odly similar situztions. I bought a used 2008 Mariner for my son. It was running fine and then one morning it wouldn't start. It turns over, but won't start. I also thought that the ignition was sticking as well because it would continue to crank. While researching the non-startng issue, I came across some info regarding the sticking ignition. I can't remember exactly what it said, but it has somethingto do with the computer assisting during ignition. It is designed to continue to crank for 10 seconds after you let go. (Not certain if Chevy has a similar deal?) Also: Not sure if the Traverse has a fuel safety shut- off switch or not? If it does, then check it to see if it tripped for somereason and just needs to be reset. Good luck!

Same exact issue. Twice now, both after getting gas. After waiting the first time, and the second time pulling out the ignition fuse for 30 seconds in hopes it would reset something, it sounded like it was closer to turning over so I gave it some gas and it fired up but hesitantly. Also, it's been making a rattling sound when accelerating. Thinking maybe both issues are related to fuel injector sensor?

Test purge valve

20

My 2011 Chevy traverse wouldn’t start after fueling we changed the battery which fixed it for a short time then problem came back changed purge valve worked for a few days maybe a week then same problem finally it stopped completely.....problem was the fuel pump was going out.