please help car still won't start?

25

Asked by Sep 01, 2007 at 02:50 PM about the 1998 Hyundai Elantra

okay i have replaced the air bags and the air bag computer.yet the car still won't start.the alternator caused the battery to blow up,which caused the air bags to deploy.i've replaced the following:alternator,battery,coil pack,fuses,relays(all that i could find),air bags,air bags computer,fuse in the radio,crank sensor,battery clamps.but the car still won't start!it turns over but won't start.there is no brake lights or signal lights on the driverside and the check engine light won't come on at all.can some one help me out with some thoughts on what i am missing cause this problem is driving me mad!!!!!

43,565

Sounds like you have larger electrical problems than in the other question you asked. Again, I suggest taking this to the dealer. A small piece of wire that is fried or stripped could be causing the whole problem. It will be easier for them to troubleshoot than for you.

I reversed polarity the battery and had many issues that ended up being the ignition module on the backside of the driverside interior fuse box/panel. Left side of the dashbd. and a $425 fix. Hard to get to but you can practice pulling it from a salvageed car at the boneyard. Get a fresh battery too. Good luck Bernie

All the fuses,relays,coil,crank sensor and neutral safety switch/park indic.switch and many huors researching and probing. If I had to do it all aover,I would bring it directly to a good mechanic. You might get lucky though. Oh and I forgot to mention the used computer purchased on Ebay that I am now having problems getting any of the credit minus restock fee. If you need a good used computer I have one for a cheap $60. I'm have it listed on Ebay BWelch425