im thinking of buying a mondeo, what engine should i go for and is there any problems with the auto gearbox

Asked by Aug 07, 2010 at 02:00 PM about the 2008 Ford Mondeo

none that i know of.

45

if you like low rev response like me, then i would go for the 2.0 as the 1.8 duratecs are a little flat off the mark mind you once there past 3000 revs they pik up mine topped 135 mph with all the red left to go :-)

5

thats a bit strange cos i got a 2005 130 6spd tdci and i got mine to 135 but it was showin bout 3500 revs and it starts to go in the red at 4500 so it seems i still got a bit left lol

5

oh dear the duratorque was lagging due to stiky handbrake all sorted now and the 130 bhp 1.8 salloon holding almost 130mph in 4th on the motorway no shit, nice to feel what the cars about but dint expect too much cuz there still very heavy cars and always need winding up.