Nothing happens when I push down on the gas pedal.

10

Asked by Oct 29, 2014 at 07:54 AM about the 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan

I have a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. Last night, my battery died. I received a jump from
another car and my engine was able to start. When I put the car into drive and stepped on
the gas pedal, however, nothing happened. The car did not move. I placed the car in park
and stepped on the gas pedal and there was no engine rev. In addition, there were
multiple lights showing up on my dashboard: 1. ESP/TCS Indicator Light 2. Malfunction
Indicator Light 3. Electronic Throttle Control Light 4. ESP/BAS Indicator Light. We tried
shutting the car off and restarting and still nothing. The car does attempt to move forward
when in drive without stepping on the gas. Any ideas on what this may be?

33,375

You have the answer in your question. The ETC needs to to be replaced first. Without it the gas pedal won't work.

Mark is absolutely right, but there are multiple issues. ETC Electronic Throttle Control, self-explanatory, no ETC no go. But ESP/TCS Electronic Stability Control/ Traction Control System. BAS-Brake Assist System I wonder if they are on the same fuse...? You have owners manual?

https://www.google.com/search?q=2010+Dodge+Grand+Caravan+owners+manual&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org .owners manual. Hmmm, does not appear to be

10

I did download the manual. In the fuse diagram there is one that states this: "Antilock Brakes, Stability Control System, Stop Lamp Switch, Fuel Pump Rly Hi Control" and two state this: "Antilock Brakes Pump/Stability Control System" Should I try replacing these fuses first to see if that helps or am I going to need to take it to a dealer?

7,485

have you looked under the hood and seen if the engine will rev if you pull on the throttle arm and to see if you throttle cable is just off of the throttle body

7,485

or the ETC is unpluged from the pedal or throttle body

8,550

Yep ... cable must have been knocked off when you were under there with the jumpers

10

I have a 1994 dodge caravan with a new timing belt spark and fuel it just turns over but wont start not sure if the distributor side with cM is off 180°