Engine light

Asked by May 09, 2013 at 01:07 PM about the 2002 Hyundai Accent

my engine light came on a few months  ago so i had a diagnostic test done it showed
a number of things it could be, spark plugs ht leads coil pack also my rocker cover
gasket was leaking, so they cleared the light off and said if it happens again to check
these. Well it happened again 3weeks ago so i changed everything what they said
except coil pack,,took it back to get the engine light cleared and have another
diagnostic test and seemed fine until today when the light came on again!  Help

sell the car....er um...no, get another diagnostic check or buy your own for about twenty bucks-

you probably did not fill the tank correctly....STOP AT THE FIRST CLICK...I cannot drum this into people enough~...otherwise you'll be giving the charcoal canister a drowning...which air cannot flow through it, then the evaporative emissions are not in control, then the CEL comes on...just keep running the car with the correct fuel cap properly installed and the light will go away....if this is what's going on here-

1,555

if you have an android phone you can get a bluetooth obd dongle that you can use with the Torque app to pull the codes your self and then also search the meaning of the codes on the internet or use the obd code lookup app to search the meaning of the codes

yes Bradley, but to even extract the codes requires connection to that wonky sixteen pin connector or whatever it is....perhaps the blue teeth have a connector for that one~

1,555

yeah actually your picture shows the bluetooth dongle at the top for $15 and it works great on any obdII vehicles I use it on my 97 dodge ram 1500 and my 09 hyndai accent and I can look at realtime data with it.

Cool, been trying to avoid these things as much as possible, because when you;re looking at it, you cannot be paying attention to your native environment...that's why they don't like you texting and driving...personally don't like to even have a conversation while driving...distracting...as any cabbie will tell ya- ok, wll be honest...got no one to call vs. the cost of the service....nothin' I can't get with my expensive internet cable service~....no reason for the expense, that can be dropped in the urinal by mistake~

1,555

That all you got roy? Stop talking on the phone in the mens room and seriously it's really disgusting to talk on the phone in the restroom anyways.

Despite my India-Pakistan heritage do not have a third eye to look 'pon the spiritual plane with....and eyesight is getting worse even to read ten point type is a trip to squinty-ville.....so no added the multiple sclerosis head and neck do not see buying one of these anytime soon, shit's been taken away from us at a rate faster than it's been replenished...where are my damned analog selector pushbuttons on the radio...are we sequesterd to a lifetime of beepbeepbbeeep select, then, menu then select type goodies....I'll take the Emerson~

illiteracy is rampant, and vocal recogition is shaping us rather than we shaping it...it is a put all the power in the hands of the robot...and everyone seems to be okay with that...just have to make our robots more adept at understanding the southern accent for example....apple paaah, trip down the staaars---these variances can be programmed, but isn't it much nicer to talk to an actual person?

1,555

I really don't know where your heritage came into the conversation. here's the fact of the matter that times are changing, somethings do not, like basics of automechanics or basics of computer repair, but things are advancing. And we're all getting older it's a requirement of living.

that's a very helpful acceptance of the way things are...should stop complaining about the absence of my mechanical pushbuttons where you'd pull the button to set the station....mode, menu, select...beep beep beep on a touch screen that offers no tactile feedback is the way they've been robbing us of the physical world and connecting us further with the theoretical world~ thanks for the bitch-slap Bradley, maybe I'll wake up and smell the "coffee"--made from largely inorganic and addictive chemicals~

My engine light came on I did the oil change and fillers need to know I did check the gas cap no it still on need help