Clutch problems

Asked by Jan 02, 2013 at 07:36 PM about the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon

I've had my hyundai for over a year, and In that time i've had a lot of clutch problems with it. The slave cylinder keeps failing causing the clutch to not engage all the way. It's already been replaced twice. The
First time there was no problem for about 9 months, then My clutch started grinding. I took it into the
shop and a fluid change later i was fine. Cut to a week and a half later. My clutch was worse than it had
been. I took it in a second time and they replaced the slave cylinder a second time. Now it's about a
week later and once again my car is having trouble shifting.

The symptoms all three times are that the clutch doesn't seem to engage all the way, The car
sometimes wants to roll forward in first, and i can only shift at abou 2.5k Rpms, and only if i manage to
hit it at the precise time. I'm hoping to avoid replacing the entire clutch, especially because I'm not sure
that will fix the problem.

96,195

I would get it fixed and replace the entire car.

6,515

I don't think the clutch will fix that problem. I drive a plow truck that has the exact same.problem. it is strange but my gut feeling is that it has nothing to do with the clutch or the slave cylinder.

265

When back in the shop let them check your master cylinder as well. It might just need a washer kit. It sounds like you're getting air into the system. Also check pipes for leaks.

30

My 2000 tiburon is having the exact same problem you described... I have to bleed the master cylinder every time I drive it so that the clutch will engage just enough for me to drive it. Did you ever find out what the problem was?

just discovered the answer to your problem today you need a longer rod coming out of the slave cylinder because the flywheel is wore down somewhat you have to try and lengthen it by quarter of an inch at a time until it shifts properly and that should solve your problem and it should work just fine after that,JR.in Iowa!

try a new flywheel the clutch disk is pushing on the pressure plate center right on the throw out bearing keeping it from engaging. this is what will happen next you will break the master cylinder " clutch " DO NOT HAVE IT TURN IT will make it worse let me know

master cylinder!!!!!! press the clutch down with car off and slip your foot sideways off the pedal a few times. If it stops at any point in travel. break the line loose at the master cylinder and watch the slave cylinder rod to see if it returns to the resting position. if it does, replace the master cylinder.