my 2004 tiburon gt 6 speed will not go past 5000 rpms in the day time night time seems to go to 6500 rmps just fine any ideas?

95

Asked by Aug 18, 2010 at 12:06 AM about the 2004 Hyundai Tiburon

is your clutch slipping.

95

no it just losespower like it hits the governor but seems like it is only when its daylight..i know it sounds weird but its true

Is it a turbo,if is could be bad,I would also change the fuel filter,run a bottle of sea fome injector cleaner in a full tank of gas.a cloged ful filter will cause loss of power at throtle.

95

no not a turbo but i will get a filter and injector cleaner tomorrow... i took it to autozone and the check engine light said speed sensor A... but they also said that there scanners are junk so lol i might have to break down and pay to get it scanned by a professional... thanks for all the help..

Yea,their scans are for codes onley,they give you a printout of what it might be,but it does give you something to go on,like spending money for parts you dont need.had the wifes 99 grand am scanned at auto zone,said it was a bad IAC,$90 in their pocket,turned out to be a lower motor mount broken,it had a rough idle,never again.

95

I just took a quick ride down the road and its nite time here, pitch black so i get all the way to 6500 rpms in 1st thru 5th gears perfect, runs great but in the day time it will not go past 5000 rpm I am thinking that there is sunlight reflecting off of a sensor eye causing the problem and probabaly all i need is duct tape lol just gotta get out there and look around more..

you may want to try cleaning your mass air flow.

95

ok I will do that tomorrow... I did get the fuel filter and sea foam put on today runs cleaner but did not fix the main issue i will keep on tryn :) ty.

Did you ever fix you're problem.. my 04 tiburon is having the same problem

dear fellow tiburon enthusiasts I had the same problem with my tiburon it would run 5000 rpm in the day time and normal at night it has nothing to do with the light it has to do with the temperature outside I was told it was this the crank positioning sensor I replace that and it wasn't the issue goto autozone pick up a speed sensor for the transmission if that doesn't work pick up a speed center for the wheel either or that's the issue I hope it helps for u as it did for me

95

It was the crank sensor. Thanks for all the help.