2005 brakes

65

Asked by Jul 18, 2011 at 03:14 PM about the 2005 Hyundai Tiburon

Do i need anything more than the caliper adapter and a c clamp to do brakes on a 2005 Hyundai Tiburon? I'm doing the rear which has discs.

2,145

you need the caliper adapter that twists using an extentsion and ratchet.

yes, rear calipers screw in. make sure you have brake fluid and take the cap off the master cylinder.

15

thats all i needed. does yours have a massive rust issue in the wheel well when i went to change my brakes the caliper was rusted from a broken seal. i mean so badly it broke my c-Clamp

1,245

Brakes,and brakework have important safety issues.Have you done anything like this before?If not,there has to be a real cheap brake shop around.Ive taken motors and transmissions out and put back in,but I allways use a trained professional to do my brake work.Shop around,People can still save alot of $,wherever necessary,and there has got to be someone who would put your pads on for $30-$35.Ive seen the C clamp thing done,but your safety is very important.

The above poster is correct but it is something that you can do yourself provided you have the right reference material and take your time. This is the first year I've been doing my own repairs (upper ball joints, upper control arms, lower ball joints, stabilizer bar end links, coil over shock assemblies) and have had to remove the brakes on my F150 on some repairs. I have a Chilton's manual (they don't make one for the Tiburon...I've looked since I do the work on my kid's 2005) and as long as you take your time you'll be fine.

Just completed front and rear brakes on the tiburon. Took about 30the minutes a tire. I had no issues with air in my brake line or the ball joint. The easiest brake job I have ever done. I am not a mechanic I am a trainer for a restaurant. I have done over 25your brake jobs and I have never had a job so easy. Great job hyundai. Ok the rust made it super hard to get some bolts out. So I recommend a mallet to hit the wrench handle to help get the caliper screws off. Take your time and it is a n easy fix.

sounds like fronts r the same as all others, your old pads are useless so all u gota do is pry the pads apart with the brake fluid reservoir opened until the new pads are able to be set in place. make sure u bleed them with the bleeder screw, have someone sit in the car and pump the brakes until its hard like an erection, then with a crescent wrench loosen the bleeder screw until the brake pedal is relieved and tighten when you see the fluid spooging lesser, then have that person pump the brakes again, until erect and loosen the bleeder until the fluid is no longer spurting. its much more fun yourself than waiting for a specialist. repeat until brakes return to norm, bleeding is necessary if u want to stop. it shud only take a few times, at a mechanic they use a suction device when they see the air bubbles are gone they close the bleeder screw, and youre ready for some more stop n go action on the autobahn. drive fast, stop fast, and dont let up unless youre stoned and in the slow lane so u can take a bong rip :))