My car premio model 1996 keeps jerking and as you try to accelerate the accelerator pad hardens. What could be the problem?

Asked by Sep 22, 2013 at 07:14 AM about the 2001 Toyota Premio

My car Toyota premio 96 model started producing very repulsive odour, a week later it started jerking and the accelerator hardens as you try to accelerate and eventually loses to move and finally the engine stalls. What is the problem?

don't know about the pedal but a malfuction could have caused the catalytic converter to plug. loosen it enough to let the exhaust escape and see if that helps.

Have found where other users are having similar issues with hard pedal and loosing power. But not being able to find you any solutions. These vehicles seemed to be used mainly overseas (not in USA) and there does not seem to be a good trail of repair information. I will continue to look for you some information. Try the answer givin by wlogan. That seems like it might be a good place to start.