Need to remove the exhaust manifold shield screws.

07pontiacwave
0

Asked by Nov 20, 2011 at 11:28 AM about the 2007 Pontiac Wave

The metal shield in front of the exhaust manifold came off as it corroded where the screws are.
Anyone have any tips on how I can unscrew those screws (they look corroded) so I can put a plate to hold the shield in place. Right now Im driving the car without the shield, will that cause a problem?

no,it wont cause a problem.use some pb blaster to soak the bolts should come right out.

07pontiacwave
0

I will do that. Thanks

OrLackThereof
2,305

It will cause underhood temps to go up a bit, but will it cause a problem? Unless there are wires routed within 3 inches or so of the manifold, no, it will not cause a problem in the short term. In the long term, it could cause the paint on your hood to fade a bit over that area. Get a can of PB-Blaster and spray the bolts down and let them soak for 5 minutes, then back them out slowly. If they start to hang up, run them forward a turn or so, then back again. Hopefully they will all come out but some may snap. Do this by hand with a 3/8 ratchet...if you run an impact, you'll just snap them clean off.

onley thing that might get hot is the raidaitor,no wires around it,heat shield gets as hot as the exhoust pipe.