New 2010 Subaru Outback

Colin Rodger

Asked by Apr 09, 2009 at 12:56 PM about the 2010 Subaru Outback

What do you think of the new redesigned 2010 Outback? Looks too much like a cross-over?

It looks like a cross over because it is a crossover. DUH

I just bought a brand new one. Total junk! Leather is complete garbage. My child's seat ripped it and Subaru's answer is too bad, so sad. I met with the "regional manager" to address the problem. What a pompous clown!! Email me at for photos and fu story. Bottom line; the leather is soft, weak crap and there's no way it will ever stand up. I should have bought another honda. My last one lasted me nine years and I put everything from my 200 pound dog to air conditioners on those leather seats and never a scratch.

I've got a 2011 I took delivery of in Aug. I ahve put 20K miles on it already. Mostly trips from NJ to the Catskills. I put a set of Bridgestone Blizzak WS70's on it and had NO trouble all winter. The AWD + the Blizzaks are an unbeatable combo. Pluses: 21 mpg around town, 24-25 on the highway with the 6. I do not baby it. The seats and ride are amazingly comfortable, especially on long trips. The back seats are comfortable enough for 2 guys. Very quiet and solid. The 3.6R really moves. I wouldn't recommend the 4 from what I've heard. The Harmon Kardon stereo is fantastic. Great headlights. The Suby is confidence inspiring in all road conditions. Minuses: Soft suspension and body roll. It sticks like glue but with a lot of body roll. Front overhang; approach angles are very low. You have to be careful when going through ditches or snowbanks. The Nav system is horrible. The unit's route selection is moronic. I wouldn't recommend getting it. I have not had any problems with the leather so far but it is a very soft glove leather and I do'nt know how it will hold up over the long haul. Overall I absolutely LOVE this vehicle. It has gone everywhere I want it to go. It is the best vehicle I have ever had in the snow. Performs well and gets good mileage. Solid.

Sheldon Pullar

I just bought a 2011 outback and I just love it I live in western Canada Regina Saskatchewan out here we get about a ft of snow right at the beginning of Nov and it stays till about mid Apr. I am no stranger to Subaru I own at legacy before very nice car but little bit on the small side and I wanted something bigger was about to go back to gm to get a suv or a cross-over when my friend who also works at the Subaru dealership told me to give this car chance at first I thought that these cars are just for granola bar eating nature walking yuppies . But once I drove one I fell in love right away I love the fact that it has that cross-over look nice and large and roomie but still has good fuel millage . Plus everybody plus there dog and there cat owns some type of gmc/ford type of cross-over its nice to have car that not everyone owns . things I love about the car are AWD Bluetooth hands free mp3 cd radio and satellite radio smooth ride large interior ample cargo space beefy exterior sunroof Dont like They should put in some HID lights standard !!! having some issues with the volume control on my steering wheel seating feel comfortable but the cloth feels a little on the cheap side other than that really great car I love it and cant wait for good old fashion Saskatchewan snow storm so I can really test it out

OK, exactly what are you complaining about? You bought this car, and can call it whatever you want. Some people refer to this as a station wagon and it's called a station wagon by the DMV in California. Get over it and enjoy the car. By the way, the H4 with the CVT transmission works great.