fuel pump

5

Asked by Jan 14, 2008 at 08:57 PM about the 1991 Honda Civic CRX

how do u change the fuel pump of a crx

you will want to take this job to your machanic,the fuel tank has to come out the pump is in tank.ps if you had to ask please do not atempetto do this your self is a very dangrus job.

42,945

You will need to drop the fuel tank which, without a lift, can be a real hassle on these cars, esp. if you have any kind of rust on the undercarriage. Last Honda I did was a 1989 or 90 and I had to cut the bolts to the straps, torch new bolts and bend them to fab the right angled bolts to hold the straps up. Plus it's hard to drop the tank without a decent amount of clearance underneath to maneuver it.

25

when i changed mine on my 88 hf it was actually pretty easy just make sure you drain all the gas out first though the darin plug but other than that its pretty simple but it is dangerous due to the gas and vapors just open the gas cap and then drain the gas and DO NOT USE POWER TOOLS lol

15

I have no idea how to do that but i just wanted to say how much I love the CRX and wish it was still around today. I own a 91' Accord dx myself but if the buy was up to me and not my parents i would have gone with the CRX.

3,625

It is only a dangerous job if you use power tools, smoke while you are doing it, or forget to drain the gas tank before you take it off. That is the only really hard part, replacing the pump itself is very easy. Doing it yourself will save you quite a bit of money as long as you use common sense.

2,180

Here ya go!

45

buy a chilton/haynes manual. they are a very useful tool