would my head gasket be blown or idk what it could be?

Asked by Feb 08, 2013 at 05:52 PM about the 1991 Honda Civic

my car idles good most of the time after i drive it, it jumps from 7 hundred to 1000 rpm but when i take off it wil either go good or it will bog then after it starts goin i hit second gear pulls real slow but after it starts going good and i start gettin up in rpms i push the gas to go even faster and it kinda jumps and it seems like the motor is losing power so idk i've changed the dizzy, plugs plug wires fuel filter pcv valve and it still seems like its losing power whats somebody elses opinion? and the car has 156k on it and it was sitting for about a year an a half but i drove it from tennessee to south carolina so its got a lil something funky goin on with it

99,155

It's not a blown head gasket - that usually causes overheating, loss of coolant and bubbles in the coolant bottle. I won't even make any Honda low power jokes because you seem to be doing all the right things. It could be something like a PCV or EGR valve, it could be crud plugging things up, it could be a vacuum leak. Some people have favorable things to say about Seafoam - you could try that.

5

+1 seafoam and egr and pcv valve

4,495

is the oil level good? air filter new? could also be bad compression in one of the cylinders

1,135

your high idle valve has either come loose or your idle air control valve is dirty so take your iacv off soak it with brake clean and then run it under water. the second part is tke your high idle valve off and then take the nipple side off and take needle nose pliers and tighten the cap looking thing inside

1,135

promise its one of those