No Si badge

Asked by May 04, 2012 at 02:27 PM about the 1993 Honda Prelude

I have a 1993 Honda Prelude; H23A1. My insurance card and title says that my car is an Si, but there is
no badge anywhere on the car. My boyfriend always argues with me telling me that it's only an Si if it
has a badge and I seem to disagree. Any other way to tell if it's a for sure Si?

The most important thing to confirm is the VIN number. This is the number that counts. Double check the paperwork with the car. If this number is wrong can be a problem for insurance coverage. You can look up the VIN number online and it will tell you what your car is. All the numbers and letters in the VIN help to identify your vehicle.

Badges are never an indicator - sometimes they fall off or some owners get them taken off (like me)> There's a nice chart of which Prelude 4th gen models were sold where on ~ Both the S & Si were sold in the US - one being the SOHC & the other being a DOHC The title of the car is probably correct since that goes by VIN# and is transferred from owner to owner with only the names & state changing, but veh info remaining the same.