White smoke

10

Asked by Sep 03, 2016 at 11:46 PM about the 1995 Honda Accord

I had a radiator hose blow top and bottom in a two
day spand an the car ran fine after I replaced top
but after the bottom blew I replaced it to an my car
seems to have a lot of white smoke an won't stay
Ideled when sitting an I never ran it hot an the head
gasket was just replaced a month ago an I was
wondering what may cause that an my car ran fine
before the bottom hose blew an I do have a part
where my brother has duct tape on it but sealed
good would that affect that in anyway

23,555

Your engine is burning coolant and passing it out the exhaust. Coolant is making its way into the combustion chamber. When it ran hot it blew the gaskets or worse. If new head gasket were installed a month ago, I question who ever did the work had any expertise or work ethic. I have some training for you: Always replace old rubber hoses, if one fails the others are not far behind and as a rule of thumb if its old or if you do not know how old it is, and you have to remove it to fix something else and its as cheap as hoses are please replace with new, they hold high pressure & almost boiling coolant, if its dirty dry porous looking or have a spongy feel or cracks, replace. More than likely who ever did the head gaskets did it wrong or poorly. Since they did not tell you that new hoses were needed I would question everything they did/do. Did the heads get resurfaces/milled & pressure checked for cracks? Check to see if they torqued down the heads. And for duct tape, just say no and fix it.

10

Well it stopped smoking, and I found a vaccum leak. It seems to be running okay. Except for the occasional idol problem.. And fixed duct tape issue.

23,555

Good Deal

10

Now the car won't even start... We tried for hours trying to figure out what's going on .. Nothing.. Maybe jump time?

10

Well we figure the problem out, the head gasket blew once again... The temperature gauge apparently isn't working right. My dad is a mechanic and came over to see what was going on. He replaced it a few days ago but don't see why it blew again..

23,555

May have to resurface the head, I always look at using a resurfaces used head as a no no unless I just want to use it for a short while and move on to another auto and get rid of that one. A head that has warped will always blow that gasket again even after resurfacing it, just last a little longer if resurfaced. A new head will solve the gasket issue.

23,555

If you do have to use the same head over, find the question on here that deals with using Sodium Silicate (Liquid Glass) and follow the directions to a T. It will never leak again.

23,555

Here is the link copy & paste: used liquid glass to seal blown head gasket on 2004 pontiac grand prix car stays cool while drivin but overheats while idle what can i do now or what could it be? I have had to replace water pump 3 times since 2011 can't afford to trade it

23,555

The second answer starts my answers that explains liquid glass and how to use it, do not I repeat do not use the stuff in the store that claim to fix head gasket issue never. If you have any question, ask me.