Does anyone know how to replace the drivers side front axle???

Asked by Jan 03, 2010 at 05:07 PM about the 1997 Honda Passport

I took the suspension apart,  I have the knuckle sitting on the floor and when i try to pry the axle shaft from the transfer case it will not budge.    Is there something im misssing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.   I changed axle on cars before and once you pry they just pop off.   im lost on this one.

8,580

On most cars it can be pryed out but on your model they clips are stubborn. It is recommended that you use a slide hammer and a cv shaft pulling tool. That way force is not exerted on one side of the retaining clip.