can u put in axle after it has been removed for an unknown amount of time without internal damage?

20

Asked by Oct 26, 2014 at 04:11 PM about the 1998 Honda Passport

I noticed while changing trans fluid that there was no axle on the front drivers side. Who
knows why or how long it has been removed. I just got it a few months ago and it runs
great I just haven't taken it off road yet thank god. Any way, should I just put one in and
pray or does anyone have any advice for me? I only got $800 in it but I still felt a little sick
when I saw that.

7,995

FWD or RWD or AWD and is it a CV axle halfshaft

This is fuzzy because the only image I could find was tiny, so I blew it up. but you won't see an axle on the front drivers side. The right side, or passenger side has a drive axle with CV joint, but not drivers side. But you are sure it's a 4X4? It has auto-locking hubs but not auto-AWD and must be put in 4-wheel drive..if you have it. Many Passports are Rear wheel drive only -longitudal ..click image

20

Yes its definatly 4wd, front diff, transfer case, 4lo-4hi shifter but only air where the drivers side drive axle goes.I was expecting a cv type axle but from what I can see in the diagram it is a thick axle painted black probably. I looked for pricing and refurbished is $40 but it looked like a cv with rubber boots and joints