1998 honda passport overheating problems

Asked by Jul 04, 2011 at 03:36 PM about the 1998 Honda Passport

Car is overheating.  have already replaced radiator, cap, hoses, and thermostat.  could it be a blown head gasket? how much would that cost

425

Is it leaking fluid? Start it up and let it run, if a puddle forms see where its leaking out of. It could be the waterpump which is a pretty easy fix for a weekend mechanic. A headgasket is hard to detect visually, take it to a mechanic and have him diagnose it.

15

I would look at the water pump like he suggested if its not the water pump there are a few ways to check to see if it is the head gasket first check the oil does it look like coffee with creamer in it? This is the tell tale of a blown head gasket another how long it takes to overheat if it overheard with in a few blocks with coolant in it it could be a head gasket if your coolant is disappearing rapidly and the final way to check is to pull your plugs and see if they might have some rust on them

190

I have the same problem and already changed the same things. My next step is to change the water pump but a friend told me I should have the cooling system professionally flushed before I do that to see if that fixes the problem. Could that cause overheating?