car will crank but will not start

80

Asked by Oct 10, 2012 at 02:42 PM about the 1998 Honda Accord

I have a 98 honda accord it willc rank but not start I had someone check the spark pkugs they are fine but when you try and start the car the fuel pump do not come on and  do not smell gas I was driving it saturday and it started fine and when got back in to start it up it started put it in drive and gave it gas it sputtered and cut off

1,340

check fuel pressure

80

ok how do you check that?

1,340

look for the fuel rail there should be a place to put injector cleaner in it looks like a tire valve.

The 'fuel rail' TupeloMS is referring to is the fuel manifold on the fuel injection system, and I agree with him, it looks very much like a tire valve, you hook a tester up to that to check to see if you are getting proper fuel pressure to the injectors. But injector cleaner just goes in with a tank of gas, however good quality gasoline used regularly will cause you to never need an after-market fix-it-in-a-can crap.

1,340

if you push the valve in, with the key on, gas should spit out although you wont know how much pressure it has but if you have no pressure it is probably a filter or fuel pump. I had a car that had some pressure but would not crank. I also found that the computer was not giving the fuel pump enough voltage.

80

thank you David and TupeloMS I will get that checked hope thats what the problem is

1,935

Your cars OBD 2 system will throw a code for clogged fuel filter. It does this by monitoring the time duration that is required to maintain proper fuel mixture.If this time becomes too long it throws a code .Due to restricted fuel flow threw the "clogged filter"

180

When I go to start my car, it WILL NOT start, but it will crank, BUT NOT FULLY to were it has started. And, the battery is not the issue AND the starter is not the issue. what could the issue be????? I HAVE A '98 Honda Civic.

10

Fuel pump or filter

130

I have a 1990 Honda accord ex.....its cranks trying to stat but just won't start.....anyone knows the problem

10

on 1990 accord cranks trying to start it,s your ignition wire harness go get one at junk yard

30

96 Honda Accord EX it's starts good early in the morning cut it off about 3 hours and it acts like it's flood ing out change the EGR valve distributed and the rotor

30

How can I fix it

70

I have a 98 Honda accord ex v6 I bought a new battery new spark plugs wires new spark plugs. It turns on but doesn't turn on sounds like it wants too. I don't know if its the fuel pump or fuel filter... I'm just scared to buy the part but then it doesn't start its something else.

90

i have a 99 honda accord LX it cranks but no start what could it be?

20

I'm having the same problem new spark plugs and wire new distributor cap and it won't start up it crank and I don't know what else could be gas pump or timing belt but I think no spark

20

1993 Hondo want start I put abarritery Fuse that did not work what could be the reason help

20

My 1993 Honda Accord want start I put a battery fuse in that did not work help

10

I have a honda accord 1995 it cranks no start and while it is cranking i can smell a bit of gas what could it be

10

And my batterys algud my fuel pump algud filters clean no leaks any were no spark one of my spark plugs were stuffed I no it's more than that coukd it be something inside the distributor like coil etc help I'm about to buy parts