99 honda civic just died now want start

60

Asked by Jul 16, 2013 at 01:45 PM about the 1999 Honda Civic

on my way to work stop at a store got a few things jumped back in started did get out of store parking lot died want start now.
where do I start trouble shooting ? also i'm stranded and no tools please help?

no tools...put it in the on position into fourth gear and have a few of the locals give you a push~ you need a new battery and to have the attachment point of the main ground/near the fender/frame cleaned with a wirebrush to insure 300 cold cranking amps and the one to the motor as well-...once you get tooled up~

Yikes, stranded in a parking lot and no tools, it is very difficult to do anything, much less diagnose from here at my desk to wherever you are, not being able to see the car. I know, cash money is tight for everybody, but AAA if you have it. But What you might be able to do is just look, inspect wires, corrosion on battery alone could cause that...you don't say if it cranks but not start or you have nothing at all..if it cranks over it could be so many many things...sorry, maybe one of the guys will be of some help that I offered none but battery cable. And without tools at that..

Yeah, it took me 10 minutes to type that correcting spelling and all but seems the Judge and myself have similar thoughts

....yes AAA, I've got it and have used it once when ole' bessie broke her timing chain about a mile from here~ other then that happily pay the bill every six months~

60

I thought maybe timing had jumped. Its turning over fine just not hitting. Thanks all for answering .I tool up a little in the mornnng after work see what I can do .I finaly made it home.

is there a lot of slack in the timing belt? is the tensioner still applying tension?

Good to know you made it home. It may well have jumped time.

Best Answer
60

I didn't have anything to take the timeing belt cover off. All the other belts looked fine.

60

It turns over fine to me seems like its not hiting or plugs not firing.

guess we're okay then~~

60

Yeah thank you for tring to help.

doesn't take much but a 10mm nut driver to pull the cover off and get a load of the slack in the timing belt and the position of the sprockets....might save you some heartache to simply put another timing belt in~

60

that needs to be done but after a liitle study I found you find fuel filter break it open test for fuel pressure if you have that then most likely be main relay common on Hondas.