Any idea what the plug in the center console might be for? It's doing my head in lol

140

Asked by Jan 08, 2016 at 09:43 PM about the 2005 Nissan Teana

51,775

What kind of plug?

140

Looks like a phn jake

140

This

140

And this

6,315

What does the other end look like? Yes that does look like a phone plug and a old one at that. I dont think that any manufacturer had it as an accessory on any vehicle. Of course there are those crazy AUTOZONE accessory packages that are only available from select used car lots featuring Crazy Eddie as their spokesman.

140

It's just a cable in to the center console. .. might see if I can get an adapter for it

6,315

Do you have something that fits it? if not then why would you buy an adapter for it.

140

I have a phn and if I can get it to plug in maybe it will run through the hands free and stereo?

150,525

Best I can tell it's USB but like Guy says, and odd one. Maybe more like a charger for something .... where are you? That looks like nothing used in the States. The Teana is strictly sold in Japan

140

Lol New Zealand bud

150,525

Ok, sorry for thr mis-information. My bad

140

All good

I was told it is to plug into a laptop so you can upload songs to the system and upgrade maps etc...

Its for a phone so can use hands free but for us in nz it for a very old fone no gud 2 us unless u can get adaptor for our more modern technology :)