I just bought a 79 super beetle convt and while driving it home I noticed the erg light on. I also noticed when stopped the brakes locked up until I took off again and then let loose. Help me

Asked by Sep 15, 2016 at 08:05 AM about the 1979 Volkswagen Super Beetle

May need new springs for brake shoes, go threw them clean and see if they need rebuilt, Master cylinder can do this too. You mean the EGR light on? If so, This is a simple procedure. The light comes on only as a reminder to check your EGR valve, there is no mechanical issue with your car! Connected to the speedometer cable (in the trunk area by the hinge) is a square black box. There is a button on this box. Take a pencil (eraser side) and push this button in. This will turn off the light and reset it. I believe that it comes on every 15,000 miles, not 100% sure though. Easy fix! Let me know how you make out.