1979 super beetle cylinder fireing order?

Asked by Apr 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM about the 1979 Volkswagen Super Beetle

I recently replaced my points, condensor, wires, spark plugs, cap and rotor.  Car is running worse i
adjusted points at .016 and plugs at .027.  I got my wires mixed up and had to buy a manual.  The
manual says the firing order is 4,3,2,1    4  being the bottom left hole on the distributor going to the
bottom left cylinder.  the rest 3,2,1 working in the clockwise direction.  However when i rearrange he
order of the wires as 4 to cylinder 3,  3 to cylinder 1, 2 to cylinder 2 and 1 to cylinder 4 the car runs
pretty good but not 100% correct.

QUESTIION:  WHAT IS THE CORRECT ORDER?

150

The firing order is correct: 1-4-3-2. Number one position is marked on the distributer by a line engraved on the side. Put your rotor on and make sure it points to this line for #1. Good luck . -=Mark=-