1975 vw

Asked by Aug 27, 2011 at 07:50 PM about the 1975 Volkswagen Super Beetle

we just bought a 1975 vw. We were told it was a super beetle but it doesn't say on the title, all it says is that it is a model 1101 so how do we find out. Thanks Steve

225

I am new to this classic beetle craze.I got my first one about a month.I tuned it up and took it for a 2 min .spin.It started to drip oil from the front of the engine.I found out a few things about the difference between beetle & super.the front suspension is mcpherson strut.So the spare sits flat/horizontal in the trunk.Close to double the trunk space.You can have a grill under the front bumper.The bumper to bumper length is a few inches longer.Hope that helps,joseph

135

If it is a 1975 the quickest way to tell is look at the front windshield. If it is a standard beetle the windshield is flat and if it is a superbeetle the windshield is curved. From 1973 and after all superbeetles had curved windshields while the standards kept the old flat windshield.

945

coil spring in front of super