I have a 1974 super beetle I can drive about 4 miles then the car will cut off

Asked by Oct 11, 2014 at 10:30 PM about the 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle

The motor was rebuild about 2 years ago, the car had been sitting for a year,Help!!
Please I really love this car.

34,165

Check your fuel delivery system. My guess is that there is a fuel line to close to a heat source. That courses a fuel lock. Fuel lock? You stop.

150

Another possibility (if it is not fuel) is the voltage regulator. (That was the cause of a similar issue with my 74 Super Beetle.