How much fuel is left in tank when needle hits the red?

Asked by Aug 15, 2013 at 07:16 PM about the 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle

should be about 1 liter or 1 qt...just enough to get you to some more gas...it troubles me that someone would let it get this low, but you're off the hook because your fuel pump is located on the engine...not in the tank....whew~!

26,595

Do yourself a HUGE favor...make it a point to refill when you get to a minimum of 1/4 tank of gas. If you get into that habit, you won't be stuck on a busy road with your flashers on....walking 2 miles in the heavy downpour in between traffic with a small plastic gas container that a cop let him borrow while the cop kept an eye on his car...lol...True Story from this past Tuesday on the way to work! You can't make this kinda stuff up ya know!!

the cop will actually drive you and the can to the station to get you off the freeway....this happened in West Allis in 1982 when the Company's LTD ran out of gas~

running the thing out will suck the sludge up and plug your filter~~~why, lord, why must we torture ourselves....every payday fill up both of my vehicles, that way I can make a mad dash back to the Bay Area (1/2 tank) to my wife's apartment there~ been a while since payday...haven't even used the MINI, the Toyota's A/C works superb and I'm always blastin' it~ Toyotas rule man~

26,595

This cop wasn't driving this guy anywhere...I felt bad for the guy...maybe the guy was a repeat "run out of gas" offender?

oh wait, the super beetle had the curved windshield...not the flower vase...that wasn't until concurrent designs~....still had tiny running boards....sexy as can be~

26,595

@Judge...there was a time when I would agree with u about Toyotas....when they axed the MR2, Supra, and Celica, they lost me as a potential customer (Scion FR-S is nice though)....but I despise the Prius, Camry and Corolla...they make such incredibly boring cars now, ugh!

@ Racer_X, Toyotas are boring especially going on a road trip with my wife who LOVES her 50mpg Prius~drives it all the time....I get to vacuum it~ that's why the MINI...sadly not a 4 or 5 speed sadly not a cooper S with a timing belt engine and blower...but ugly buggly that gets NO respect in Clearlake...they are always trying to squash me like a bug .....dismal 0-15mph...sadness~~

55

it varies from car to car , the first one I had had a little over a gal. the second one had almost 2 qt. I believe the VDO fuel gauge has an sdjustment on the back side of the guage itself . I think they hold about 10.2 gal , when you fill up check amount used against that

It's going to be a destructive test with an electric fuel pump~

Clearlake resident smoking a cigarette and filling up with less than a dollar...it's this crowd that burns up a fuel pump~ car has mismatched body panels and the driver is coated with tattoos and assorted tooth~....its the way of the extremely poor....just go to the walmart and see all of humanities dregs~