Engine wont start

Asked by Jul 10, 2013 at 06:06 PM about the 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle

I've replaced the fuel pump with an electric one and have done a basic tune up, the fuel filter isn't filling like it should it will turn over but engine does not come on

97,995

It's not going to fire with no gas. Try priming the fuel pump to get flow started.

22,415

the placement of an electric fuel pump is crucial- they should be as close to the fuel tank as possible- they will PUSH better than PULL- is that where you mounted yours? also check to make sure that any new hoses aren't bent too badly to be crimped- all hoses and lines must be free flowing or the pump will work too hard- this is a difficult job, to mount a custom installation properly