1 I have a 73 super beetle and I have changed the generator and my light still comes on and I'm getting a charge at the battery why? It starts without pressing the clutch. Why?

Asked by Aug 08, 2014 at 10:41 PM about the 1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle

36,485

Check your ground wire to the frame and the wire's are tight on the alternator. Your neutral cut off switch on the transmission is faulty.

24,415

1) check the voltage regulator, but, really that is a simple machine and this should be easy to figure out- buy one of the many VW bug service manuals on the market- even stoned hippies could fix them- 2) that car is so old, there are no electronic gizmos on the clutch to keep it from starting- best way to start a car, anyway, in neutral-