What are the two handles behind the stick shifter for? I think they might be vent controls but I'm not really sure.


Asked by Nov 27, 2010 at 10:46 PM about the 1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle

Question type: General

6 Answers


This picture should tell you everything you need to know.

cheap colored contacts

online people search

heater control vents.the heat comes from the back of car.

1 out of 1 people think this is helpful.

This is great! Having identification issues with our 78 bug. What book is this this from, so I can get my hands on it! :-)


Its the Owner's Manual. You can get one on ebay and maybe a VW dealer. You could also try a junkyard but you would be lucky to find one there, even more lucky to find one of the correct year. There are also some available for download online in .pdf form. You could check www.thesamba.com or just do a google search for "(my year) VW Owners Manual" But any year manual is better than none. Another book that is very helpful is a repair manual. You can find those at almost any auto parts store, but they probably wont keep a VW one in stock so they will have to order it.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • why is my break peddle soft after bleeding? i replaced all of the break lines and cyl. shoes drums etc. 7 answers

    used a quart of fluid nothing is leaking we pump it up it gets hard open the bleeder fluid comes out no air close the bleeder pedal goes half way down????????? thanks,

    1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle



  • 1975 VW SuperBeetle specs 1 answer

    Didnt these cars come with the "automatic" (now called triptronic) tranny, Bosch fuel injection and a liquid cooled option? Im not too sure on the liquid cooled part. Please help!

    1975 Volkswagen Super Beetle



  • Only one license plate 2 answers

    So I have a 1974 Super Beetle and I bought it with the original blue plate on the back, however, there is no front blue plate. I know the law in California says that cars must have a front plate...

    1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle



  • 1979 super beetle cylinder fireing order? 1 answer

    I recently replaced my points, condensor, wires, spark plugs, cap and rotor. Car is running worse i adjusted points at .016 and plugs at .027. I got my wires mixed up and had to buy a manual. The ...

    1979 Volkswagen Super Beetle



  • 74 vw super beetle 3 answers

    Do I need a fuel regulator on a Electric feel pump. When I'm driving down the road it tries to flood out I think

    1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle


    Maintenance & Repair

Super Beetle

Looking for a Used Super Beetle in your area?

CarGurus has 26 nationwide Super Beetle listings and the tools to find you a great deal.


Search Volkswagen Super Beetle Questions

Volkswagen Super Beetle Experts

#1 red74beetle
Reputation 150
#2 tenspeed
Reputation 140
#3 tennisshoes
Reputation 80
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Volkswagen Beetle
156 Great Deals out of 8,292 listings starting at $1,200
Used Chevrolet Camaro
136 Great Deals out of 35,103 listings starting at $1,995
Used Jeep Cherokee
352 Great Deals out of 58,994 listings starting at $2,378
Used Toyota Corolla
738 Great Deals out of 74,267 listings starting at $1,991