my car is running but my butter fly on my carb keep coming loose and staying open. any idea of how to fix this guys?

25

Asked by May 29, 2015 at 02:10 PM about the 1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle

140

It sounds like the bimetallic spring in the choke is either broken or not installed correctly. The choke will hold the "butterfly" closed when cold and open when hot. There are 3 screws holding the cover on the choke spring cover at the top right as you look at the carb. Open it up and make sure the hook at the end of the spring is catching the butterfly shaft and adjust it so that it holds it just closed when cold.