what else can i do i`m stuck as what to do

10

Asked by Feb 06, 2014 at 10:53 PM about the 1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle

I`ve changed the fuel line from tank to motor new fuel pump and filter put in a carb repair kit new rear seal changed plugs and wires but it just will not idile  or keep fuel presser wants to die at red lights have to gun it till  light changes then it wants to die as u start to give it gas it is a 4 speed any ideas guys. could sure use a sugg.

116,045

Have you checked timing?

Best Answer Mark helpful
10

no not yet dandyoun but I think it`s more then that but will try that

116,045

Ok. If timing is off any at all it can stumble and stall at idle and/or at take off.

10

ok will try it ty

10

but will still take more sugguestions guys

116,045

I would also check for vacuum leaks. How long since last major tune up? (Plugs, plug wires, dist cap, rotor button, ect)

10

just replace all that checked 4 leaks changed allthe fuel lines newplugs wire ect. new rear seal motor was just rebuilt 8000 miles ago that's why I cant understand this got me puzzled 4 sure

116,045

Sounds like you on the right path. Sorry but I just have to ask. Are you absolutely sure the plug wires were reinstalled correctly?

10

1432 fireing order

116,045

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfljkw_classic-vw-beetle-bug-ghia-bus- how-to-time-set-engine-timing_school

150

This is a common problem. Do you have a PICT 34 carb? Double check for vacumm leaks: at the base of the carb (the flange sometimes gets warped), at the carb throttle pivot points, AND at the gaskets where the intake mainfolds connect to the heads. IF you don't find any, it may be dirt in the tiny idle ports internal to the carb.