Please tell me the function of 2nd start button

20

Asked by Jun 11, 2008 at 11:56 AM about the 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado

Please tell me the function of 2nd start button>

7,515

Dunno, but if you have an owners manual it should say.

Best Answer
70

It is for starting off in second gear. If you require a greater amount of torque so your wheels do not spin.

it is a back up in case the keyswitch goes bad,same back up is on the 4- runner.

385

It is for starting off in second gear. If you require a greater amount of torque so your wheels do not spin. I used it and it helped when my Prado got stuck in sand dunes. Normally, the car try to start in second gear, and if for example your car is stuck in Ice, first gear will cause the wheels to spin, so in this situation, second start will assist as it will transfer the power to the wheels very smoothly, thus preventing them from spinning. I hope you understand.

80

Starting in second gear provides less torque to the rear wheels, not more torque. This is why there is less wheel spin.

80

I should have said "provides less torque to the wheels". ie all the wheels not just the rear.

10

Can I use 2nd start in my landcruiser 2014 station wagon for a drag race .

140

How can I change language of my Land Cruiser Prado 2010.Imported from japan

20

I have a concern. my Prado and diesel engine 3000, and nothing the panel lit 2nd start. however, the car has no strt button. I do not know how to disable it, and I fear walking with the car for fear of gripar the gearbox or even traction. I ask your help