gmc vandura 2500 hood

Asked by Jun 18, 2012 at 08:36 PM about the 1990 GMC Vandura

i have a 1990 gmc vandura 2500 i haven't touched since 2004. today i want to drive it but it's low on battery i tried
opening the hood but its jammed or something can u guys help just by giving me a video or a tip or a picture i will
appreciate that -Thank You

try having someone pull on the hood release lever while you tap on the front of the hood where the latch should be then have them release the lever and pull up on hood....

just like what jimbo said thats all you can do,try putting a screw driver under the bonnet and help it up.

I've found I can do it myself with the door open and one hand pulling the hood release under the dash and the other hand banging on the portion of the hood I can reach standing next to the driver's seat.

If you don't have help to pull the release knob out here is what I did, i tied a rope around the T- handle pulled it out and took the rope around my bucket seat. several times and tied it off. Then I tapped on the hood with with palm of my hand. When the hood released a little bit, I released the tension on the rope and the hood popped up another couple of inches. Then I reached the inside hood latch and opened. it.