my chevrolet matiz, se is making a loud humming noise when driving above 30 mph

Asked by Jul 25, 2013 at 07:01 AM about the 2007 Chevrolet Matiz

is the humming noise normal , its quite annoying , just bought car 4 weeks ago, thankyou, ann

210,775

Possible a wheel bearing or worn tires. Is it coming from the engine bay?

Wow, a 1liter car..a 62 hp..guess that's really not bad for 995cc

hi tom , yes it sounds like its coming from engine , what should i do has we are pensioners and dont wont hefty bill, if i took it to a garage would they have a look for me , not mechanically minded thanks for replying

210,775

It could be a belt pulley or bearing on the alternator or other part. An easy fix.

thankyou tom will take into garage tommorow , will let you know what they come up with