my 1998 323 mazda bj auto ,leaking engine oil between auto box and engine,there is a grearbox bracket in the way so i carnt see where it comeing from ,any ideas and is it worth fixing

Asked by Nov 13, 2015 at 06:36 PM about the 1998 Mazda 323

If it is engine oil (amber) then it is likely the rear main seal. If it is red then it is automatic transmission fluid. If the leak is small then you may want to live with it as the fix is really expensive.

I agree. If it is red, it;s transmission , but that is FAR lees likely than the rear main engine crankshaft seal, The reason you can't see where it's coming from is because it's up in the middle, no way can you see the crankshaft seal without taking transmission out. I also agree that if it's a minor leak, just live with it.... very expensive, a $2 seal but several hours of labor.

Best Answer

ok thanks