front tire removal?

Asked by Mar 24, 2010 at 01:59 PM about the 2003 Chrysler Intrepid

Have removed lug nuts from 2003 Intrepid front tire and cannot separate wheel from axle.

if you have removed all the lugnuts, and you are sure of it. kick one of the sides of the tire. i'm going to assume you have aluminum rims (even stock) on the car. with the mag cloride on the road it eats away from the rim and ends up corroding the rim to the hub. if you kick it hard enough (with your back to the car, like a mule would kick) it will break the corrosion seal and should come apart. it is a very common problem

9,060

Yeah they can stick pretty bad sometimes especially if they haven't been off for awhile. Try a little penetrating oil around the stud openings also. I usually kick one side then the opposite until it comes free.