I have a 1978 Checy Luv Base Model and am having trouble finding a carb that will work correctly. Help me please.

Asked by Mar 30, 2016 at 08:46 AM about the 1978 Chevrolet LUV

39,115

What's your issue exactly? You can't find a rebuild kit? You can't find the exact carb to fit your year? If you have tried other carbs, what is the issue or part that is different on the original carb? Have your tried a salvage yard carb?

A new carb was put on and it work for a week or two and now when you adjust it it blows black smoke like it is getting to much fuel. I was told that I need a rebuild kit, but am have issues finding that. Yes we have tried a salvage yard. I would like to know where to get a rebuild kit or a single barrel carb that will work. I engine only has 69000 original miles...Dad left it to me, so I do really want to change the engine out.

39,115

Are you sure it's not a choke issue? You can purchase a new choke on Ebay for $60. They also have carbs from Webber.

39,115

They do offer carb kits from Rockauto.com. They run about $30.