Why wont my truck start?

Asked by Dec 18, 2013 at 03:15 AM about the 1994 GMC Sierra 1500

I was driving to work and suddenly the truck starting idleing rough at stoplights and had decreased exceleration. My oil pressure gauge was normal, my heat guage was normal, but my battery gauge did abnormal behavior when I went to slow down. (It went down below 12 but when I came to a complete stop it went back up to 14). At my lunch break, The truck turned over but idle even more severe than on my way to work. At the end of my shift, the truck will not even turn over.

Things I inspected:
Pcv valve is cracked.
All wires and cables are attached and not coroded
I have a brand new distributor cap.
Tried jump starting it, no avail.
Fuel pump primes itself when I turn the key like it should.
Air filter is somewhat dirty but not horrible.
Gas is getting to where it's supposed to but nothing is sparking the gas.
there was some knocking noise when the engine was idleing.
Have not inspected the spark plugs yet.

The truck turned over for a brief moment today but died immedietly after turning over.

The same thing is happening to mine. I tightened the battery cable to the alternator and it started working fine for about a week. Now it is doing it all over again, and I cannot figure out why. I am going to take it to Autozone here soon so they can run a diagnostic check on it. If I find anything I will respond again.

10

clean the plugs and take the air cleaner off and try to jump start it, if it wont even turn over, jump the terminals on the starter, that should help.

10

fuel filter

ok i changed starter, fuel filter, air gas seperator, and a new battery that is about 5 months old and truck truck would start on a dime before i parked it 6months ago what else is there to look for? HELP PLZ

This happened to me a little while back it was my alternator. Then it was doing something again a couple days later now it's perfectly fine after replacing spark plugs and coils.