4wheeldrive stoped workin all of the sudden

Asked by Feb 16, 2016 at 05:52 AM about the 1996 GMC Suburban

Long story short bought sub used 250,000 plus miles when got it home I tested the 4wd
worked perfectly. But i let it sit in the yard for about 3 months till i could replace the spider
injector, plugs and wires. Got it done last week and I wanted to play around so I press 4L
nothing, no light flash no sound of it locking in. Same happen with 4H, but the 2H button
is fine light works and everything. Idk like could I have nocked a plug loose Cause I had to
disconnect a lot to do the spider injector. Or maybe a fuse blown, or sensor went bad, or
4H 4L switch is bad, or could it be from the battery dying while it sat and it mess with the
computer???

86,925

The transfer case shift motors fail a lot, you might try tapping on the motor assembly while someone try's to put it in 4WD HI and see if it switches, if it does then you need a new motor assembly, if it doesn't then you will have to start to run diagnostics on the electronics, that can get complicated, so if you have to go there get a shop manual with good wiring diagrams.