wheres my coolant going?

Asked by Dec 19, 2009 at 11:40 AM about the 1998 GMC Jimmy

i have recently replaced thermostat and radiator..i have put 3 containers of antifreeze in it in 5 days.. the heat works on and off...and it overheats..and i know the heater core and the radiator isnt leaking..aswell as the water pump..a friend said it could be the intake manifold gasket leaking and its going out my tailpipe.. i dont know..its going somewhere..please someone out there must know whats going on with it :P

125

check your oil, is it milky looking. if it is then its in the cylinder head or the head gaskets, also check for white smoke out the exhaust. that means ur buning the antifreeze. u will also foul the spark plug where the leak is.