Urgent!Hi all! So I own a 1998 Ford Contour, and recently, the car has had some problems starting up. All of the electrical components come on, but the engine doesn't turn over. This has been an on and off thing for a while now, and it is a pain when I get stranded somewhere and have to wait until it starts up. The battery is new, checked the fusebox to see if there were any problems there; none. Everything is hooked up correctly, but still no luck. Thinking it is a problem with the ignition switch/coil. If you have any helpful advice that you can help me out, I would GREATLY appreciate the feedback! Thanks in advance!

Asked by Apr 11, 2015 at 03:00 PM about the 1998 Ford Contour

71,875

Sounds like a bad starter or starter solenoid. HTH. -Jim

It may be that it is getting hot.I have the same problem with my 98 contour it tuens over but won't start till it cools down.I have also had some issues with all lights ect work but will not crank or even click.Found out it was a lose cable.We fixed temp. with tin foil over the post then putting cable back on.It worked but would still act up a bit at times.