604 Solenoid

Asked by Jan 10, 2013 at 06:41 AM about the 2002 Chrysler Neon

I would like to know what is a 604 solenoid pack do for these cars, what is it's purpose?

The solenoid pack consists of some pressure switches that can trigger limp mode (when something in the A604's hydrolic system goes wrong) and 4 solenoids. A solenoid is a electronic coil which, when given voltage, will generate a magnetic field. This field "moves" a small plunger-shaped section of metal, which in return, allows fluid to go through the solenoid. The most common example found in cars is a fuel injector.

Best Answer

thanks for letting me know what this part does for the car, I had to have it replaced because there was a dent on it. I was having trany fluid leakage.

That will do it allright