neon not starting - lights on dash coming on , clicking noise when trying to start ?

Asked by Sep 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM about the 2002 Chrysler Neon

help !!!!!! my neon will not start - have checked battery and it is at 12.5 so should be enough to start car ? car will start with a jump start and when connected with jump leads but even after being run for a while will not restart ? fan belt is tight - is it starter motor or something else /

6,835

Just because the battery has 12.5 volts doesn't mean it's good. Your Cold Cranking Amps can be low, and the battery probably has a bad cell in it. This will cause the car not to start, and if you jump it, the alternator will keep it running but not charge it,the cranking amps will not come up if the battery has a plate or two touching inside. Would say you have a bad battery!

THE T PIECE FROM YOU BATTERY POSITIVE THAT SPLIT TO YOUR STATER AND TO YOU FUSE BOX HAVE WHITE RUST ,LET SOMEONE SOLDER IT AGAIN AND YOU CAR WILL START AS NORMAL